The Money is in Your Email List – How Would You Grade Yours?

emaillistYour email list is one of your greatest assets, but often the most overlooked by business owners. Are you growing your list every day? Are you marketing to your list based on individual preferences? Or, are you leaving a lot of opportunity on the table each and every day which reflects in your bank account? Slight changes and some automation can yield huge results.

Most business owners know they need an email list, but some struggle with how to build it and what to do with once it’s built.  Whether you are just starting out, or have thousands in your community, there are ways to leverage your list to serve more people (and make more profits).

“Your email list is one of your greatest assets, but often the most overlooked by business owners.”

Before I share three amazingly easy tips for marketing to your email list, I want to give a shout out to my latest podcast guest, LIAM AUSTIN, who is hosting an amazing virtual summit this week – all about email and lists. The timing of this post, Liam’s summit, the podcast, and my next live event couldn’t have been better. If you are in Denver on 3/18, please join me in person to learn how to automate building and marketing to your list of raving fans. I just listed four ways to uncover hidden opportunities in your list right now.

CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR FREE TICKET TO LIAM’S SUMMIT (Starts March 14)

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE LATEST PODCAST ON KEY INFLUENCERS

CLICK HERE TO JOIN ME IN DENVER AT THE NEXT BUSINESS BOOT CAMP (March 18)

As you build your email list for your business marketing, here are 3 tips that I found useful through experience and watching other highly successful key influencers:

  • Follow the 80/20 Rule – When you write, send 80% of your emails with lots of valuable, free content and the other 20% selling you or your affiliates. The fastest way for people to unsubscribe from your list is when you bombard them with sales all of the time. No one likes that, but too many business owners make that mistake. It’s all sales with little or no value. Too much, too often doesn’t work either. In my upcoming Denver workshop, I share tips to get just the right balance so you build sales and avoid attrition.
  • Write as if You are Talking to Just One Person – Even though your email is going to a large group at one time, write as if you are talking to just one person. It will feel more authentic and personal to the reader. Many CRM systems allow you to customize the greeting to make it personalized to each recipient. They also let you select what messages are sent to what people so you can tailor your messages based on preferences, business challenges, geography, and more.
  • Quality Counts – Skilled copywriters use the right words to move people to action each and every time. While you may want to write the value add emails (the 80%) yourself, it’s worth the investment to hire an awesome copywriter for the other 20% that address sales to get even better results. You spent time building your list, now use that to your advantage for success. Email marketing still works when used the right way to get, nurture, and retain clients. It’s a bit harder to stand out with all of the email overload and that’s where knowing the right techniques come in.

__________________________________________________________________________

I invite you to join me and other experts on Friday, March 18th in Lakewood to build your business using simple automation and systems. Join the event to discover hidden opportunities in an asset you already own – your email list. You will learn:

  • HOW to grow your email list – an absolute must for every business
  • WHAT to do with your list – it’s not meant to collect dust, so learn to work it
  • HOW to manage that new income – systemize to keep more of what you make

Networking is great. Social media is great. But, the money is in the list. Combine networking, social media, and your list with automation, and get ready to explode your income.

GET STARTED HERE

Nancy Gaines

Nancy Gaines is CEO/Founder of Gain Advantages Inc. and has been advising small businesses and Fortune 100 companies how to increase revenues through proven systems for almost two decades. She is a best-selling author and international keynote speaker. Nancy has been named in the Top 100 Productivity Experts to follow on Twitter and has a global podcast downloaded in over 90 countries. Her main focus is creating business processes with actionable steps so her clients achieve more consistency, ease, and ultimate success.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below

Leave a Reply: